Tuesday, July 12, 2011

5 poems!

Confidence
I pick up a pencil, and a picture's drawn, a detailed image of an endless dawn;
people made as slaves; things will never change; age, race, and gender, don't
mean a thing; every person here, will suffer an owner's sting.

I know / inner child
  I know who you are, 'cause I live in your shoes; I know how you act, 'cause I can
see you from my wall; we're pretty much the same, 'cause we live the same life;
sitting on a scale; balanced on the blade of a knife; I know what it's like, trying to
find a reason to live, just to have it stolen, as soon as you find it; I know what it's
like, to live in a foster home, and I know what it's like, to feel all alone.

   Self-Control
Madness and chaos; war and terrorism; we all get mad at each other, but we hold
it in, then it builds up, and we can't handle it, the madness is too strong, we start a
war, everything gets outta control, it all causes madness and chaos, war and
terrorism, if we only had Self-Control and didn't hold it in, if we worked things out,
war and terrorism, madness and chaos, we wouldn't need to have, in working things
out, we would all have Self-Control.

Shakespearean Love
I'll love you forever, I'll never forget, the way Romeo kissed Juliet; you make my
sun set, my moon rise; there's no part of you that I despise; you're like a rose that
won't ever die, and when you're gone I know I'll cry, but then again, you're like a
clown, 'cause when you're around, I never can frown.

You can if you think you can
You can be a total winner, even if you're a beginner; you can if you think you can;
raise that "C" up to an "A", get in the school play; you can if you think you can;
it's not your talent or the gift at birth; it's not your bankbook that determines worth;
it's not the color or texture of your skin; it's your attitude that let's you win; you can
ride your own black stallion; you can wear a gold medallion; you can if you think
you can; you can learn to ride a bike, up a mountain you can hike; you can wear a
diamond crown; you can get back up when you've been down; you can if you think
you can; it doesn't matter if you've won before, it makes no difference what the half
time score; isn't 'til the final gun if there were one, so keep on trying and you'll find
what you've won, you grab your dream and believe it, go out and work and you'll
achieve it; you can if you think you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment